Goliath and I rested today. Well, I rested and Goliath ran around in circles. You can rest easy, I will be fitted for new shoes tonight so our tempo Saturday, and long run Sunday will not be interrupted.
If you know anything about me, you know I didn't gain weight eating carrots. I bake and cook a lot, and on days where I have a full morning I like to spend it researching new recipes and tailoring it to my wants, and my husband's sugar tooth.
After a recent conversation with a friend, and pregnancy like cravings from the Mister I attempted Oatmeal Cream Pies ala Little Debbie.
You are thus warned, that the following pictures contain pornographic material of the food nature:
The recipe was found at Recipe Zaar, and I made slight modifications.
1 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 white sugar
1 tblsp molasses
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cups Old Fashion Oats
2 tbsp HOT water
1/2 tsp salt
7 oz marshmallow cream
1/2 cup shortening
2/3 cup powder sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1. Mix flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon in a bowl.
2. Cream butter, and sugars. Beat eggs in one at a time, then add vanilla and molasses.
4. Add flour slowly, beating in. Stir oats in with wooden spoon.
5. Round tablespoon of dough onto parchment paper, and bake at 350 degrees until edges brown. You want the cookie to be slightly moist. Let cool on tray.
6. For the cream filling, dissolve the salt in the hot water.
7. Mix all other filling ingredients for 3 minutes on high, then add cooled salt water and mix well.
8. Spread filling on flat end, press another cookie on top.
9. Enjoy immediately, or set completely in fridge for an hour.