Monday, May 23, 2011

Let's Bring it Back

I don't get out of bed until I'm good and ready for many people.  Unless, I gotta-you can wait until I've got sufficient shut eye.  There are very few people that warrant the importance of me losing beauty sleep.  My sister-in-law, Manda, is one such person.  I got up before 10am on a weekend and ran 3 miles with her.

Manderz is someone that I click with.  We were instant friends, and we instantly understood each other.  Our love has been going strong since 2005.  Recently though, we added one more thing to our list of "THINGS IN COMMON": running.

I like to think a little part of me inspired her to start running, but I know deep down this chick is so self motivated it didn't take any outside influence.  She's crazy enough to run circles on a track, get this she tells me she has to run 14 times in a circle to run a mile?  If that isn't commitment, I don't know what is. I told her I would feel like a hamster after one lap.  If that was my only opportunity to run, this blog wouldn't exist.  I would be 680lbs and Goliath would be miserable.

Two weeks ago, she ran her first 5k and then a week later she ran another.  I think it's pretty safe to say, she caught the 5icKness.  We are currently planning on running an 8k together in June... I think? HOPEFULLY!

yeah, I kissed that schweaty face after we ran

Ok, so honestly I didn't intend this post to be a big giant gush about my sister in law.  The reason I posting about her is because of this: she has reminded me this weekend that running helped me lose the weight once, so I can do it again.  I need to stop fighting it, and embrace it.  This little chickita has LITERALLY ran off 26 lbs and she looks amazeballs. 
Look at this skinny little lady!

It doesn't matter what you have accomplished in the past.  It doesn't matter what you know you are capable of,  until you see someone else do it, until you see someone else accomplish it-you won't try.

Speaking of try...I have a triathlon in three weeks.  More on that later.

3 comments:

Amanda Morris said...

There is no doubt, YOU have caused this lil runner inside of me to burst out and take over the world. I am totally motivated by what you have accomplished and your general outlook on life! Your positive energy is a beacon of light ALL the way from KC! I love you, respect you, and see you as role model. Thank you for being my friend.

Anonymous said...

Tee-hee, 5ickness! I love it! You and your SIL look great and like you are having a lot of fun! Good luck with triathlon training!

Becky said...

I have totally missed out on multiple posts from you because my wedding is consuming my life.

Good like with your triathlon! You're still an inspiration with everything you do. I'm really hoping that Anna and I can make it down for a half this fall and we can finally have a race together. ☺