Thursday, June 16, 2011

As Fast as A Rambler Goes

So I have been MISERABLY sick. I will spare you all the gory details, but basically a water main broke in our area which caused low pressure in the water main.  Our water company issued a boil advisory to surrounding areas-but we didn't get the memo.  Like literally, they sent out a memo...we didn't get it.  My house sits on old farm land, so due to low pressure whatever is in the soil can seep into our water. So I have been working out twice a day, and then drinking contaminated water. 

AWESOME!!


This all started Tuesday.  I hadn't been symptomatic until after a 4 mile run with Scooter.  Honestly, I didn't feel so hot during the run but whatever.  Scott trains and races with a 5 on, 1 off technique.  Where you run 5 minutes, walk 1 minute.  I am not sure I love this, but I do it anyway because that's the price you pay for a running buddy right?  And honestly, how is it any different than the multiple potty stops I make for G-Skrilla? Running 5, walking 1 is supposed to be good for muscle confusion, endurance and injury prevention.  It's just not good for me mentally.  The second I stop my stride, I'm mentally broke.  Walking feels so good, but running feels so...ouch.  It works for Scootz though because he's ran like 856 marathons this way.



I am pleased to announce I made it through that entire run sans complaining!  Someone ring a bell, make me a cake and buy me a beer.  The less I complain, the more I sweat though.  I am really gonna have to start bringing towels for my car because it's pretty gross to get back into your sedan for work and sit down in a soggy seat.  ICK!

Since that run, I have been in the most agonizing stomach pain you can imagine. Probably because I am some water parasite that's eating my insides and insecticide poisoning.  Posting may get kinda lame since I am avoiding most foods and working out.

WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOU ARE FEELING UNDER THE WEATHER?
HOW MUCH TIME DO YOU TAKE OFF FROM WORKING OUT WHEN YOU ARE SICK?

No comments: