Tuesday, July 05, 2011

All of the Lights

So yeah, we obviously kept pretty busy this weekend.  Perhaps to keep our minds off reality.  We both know everything is going to be okay, no matter what.  It's just a major bummer having the "unemployed" stamp ya know?  I hate to see Lo majorly bumming too, as with anyone you hate to see the people you love hurt, or sad or slighted.  It's life though you know?

Yesterday, we both had another day of weekend! Wins!  Logan was out of bed before me, and Goliath was still not ready to get up.  He was hitting the internerd hard on a job hunt.  I made us some coffee, and we talked about things.  Then it was time for Goliath and I to do work.  We got our butts to the trail for some speed work.
Goliath anxiously awaiting his pancake

The run felt AMAAAZZZING.  I felt just: good, for lack of a better term.  I was able to hold a steady-speedy pace.  Goliath really enjoyed the brisk jaunt.  We did four miles worth of intervalling speediness.  I wish, I SUPERWISH that after mile 2 my garmin didn't fail so I could have my splits and better data because it was SUCH A GREAT run.  We finished up in 31:40.02, yeah you naysayer you read that right. 31:40!! In case you can't do math, that's a 7:53 average, what what I'm ballin'.

Peanut Butter Pancake for G$
The reward: Pancakes.  Not for me though.  Goliath and Logan both got pancakes, but my gut needs to get smaller not gluttonously large with pancakes and syrup.  Thankfully, I did even bat an eye.  Who am I? 

Yeah, I cook all schweaty from running. What of it?

Goliath and spent the rest of the day, no not recovering, but cleaning and prepping for dinner.  I, Julia queen of The Bosky Blog, pieced my own chicken.  More on that later, with a recipe.  We our friends SwellMary and her spousticle Bobernathy over for dindin. The menu: Homestlye Fried Chicken, Kale Salad, Roasted Potatoes and Strawberry Shortcake. Recipes to follow, standby.


After we, well I, inhaled the food on my plate.  We wen through all their pictures from their recent trip to Mexico.  Whatever room was left in my body instantly filled with jealousy.  I MUST GO!!!  The Mayan history was literally blowing my frickin mind dudes.  The ideas of a 2012 Mayan trip are being tossed around....along with the rest of the world, but come on...wouldn't that be sweeeeeeet!!



HOW DO YOU GET YOUR MIND OFF NEGATIVE THINGS?
WHAT DID YOU DO ON THE HOLIDAY?
WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE DESSERT?

5 comments:

Leah: Not Otherwise Specified said...

1) Read a good book. One filled with action or one that makes you think! (Example- The Pilot's Wife by Anita Shreve)

2) fireworks! And loads of relaxing with Stacey

3) anything with peanut butter.

Julia said...

@Leah, Goliath agrees with #3. ♥PB!

Amanda said...

PB pancakes?! Are you kidding me! Oh those look so yummy. I would love some right about now. :)

marysol said...

1. sleep
2. hung out with you!
3. anything you bake. gahhhhhh

Julia said...

@Amanda, you come over anytime Goliath will share :)

@Marysol, oh girl I will bake for you anytime.