Wednesday, November 09, 2011

You the Boss

My big news today is that MY MRI WAS NORMAL.

I should be happy right? Well I am and I am not. I am relieved there is nothing serious, but I am frustrated that I have no diagnosis and no treatment plan. Which I guess is kind of silly, because essentially all treatment and therapies will be the same and all will prevent me from running for the time being. I just want to be able to be say "This is what is wrong, this is what I need to do and this is when it should be better."

Instead, I have "Well the knee itself looks okay, but it still hurts...and pretty bad, buuut nothing is wrong!"

Frustrating, and confusing. I haven't been really sure what to do from this point...I was literally told "follow up with us if the pain persists" Ooook....so if I have pain tomorrow do I call or six months? What kind of time frame are we looking at here? Nothing,

I think because I am not some world class athlete, that is super buff and in shape, my problem seems trivial and silly to an outsider. My life can go on without running, and if the pain is only unbearable when I run, stop running. Am I right?

Settling for that is not something I am willing to do, however. Thankfully, I have an open access insurance policy and can refer myself to any kind of doctor I so choose. Tomorrow, I see a reflexologist-because hey, why not? I have reached out to a physical therapist, a sports medicine clinic, and an Ortho clinic.

I will not rest until I have ANSWERS!

In the meantime, I am REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY going to focus on my food intake and my welless program. Clean up my eating a bit and forecast my year in wellness at work as I start a new job.

Did I mention I start a new job in two weeks?

Here's what I ate today:
Oatmeal with apples and peanut butter, Albert Einstein approved
Hummus and pretzel crisps, and a protein bar (quick lunch at work)
Apple and peanut butter
Sushi with salad and crab Rangoon

Now that my belly is full I am content for now.
Don't forget about your chances to win a TON of cereal

How do you react to good-bad news?
Have you ever tried non-traditional healing methods?
What is your favorite sushi roll?





No comments: