Yes, I am owning up to it. When I started this blog, I thought I was done losing and ready to start living. But a little over a year later, still running and weight loss maintained but I feel unhappier than ever with my body.
So, no. I am not obese or overweight. I am vain.
Here are few other things I know about myself that make it difficult for me to lose poundage:
1. I LOVE food. My quality of life revolves around what I am eating that day and how good it is. I very rarely eat for sustenance, I eat for pleasure. I make no qualms about it. I love food, and I have no intention of changing that.
2. I have zero self control. While I fully believe one can lose weight without denying oneself of favorites, I don't know how to say no to even things that I don't like. I know I can enjoy the things I love while losing, but I don't know how to say no to well...anything. Which leads to my next point...
3. My stomach never sends me signals that I am way full. I can eat and eat never feel sick. I can feel heavy, but I don't know what the nasty over eating feeling is, because my brain and belly can just bypass that.4. When I am busy, exercise is the first thing out the window.
5. The best time if day for me to schedule exercise is first thing in the morning.
6. I MEGALOATHE waking up early.
7. I am addicted to sugar. I have two drawers full of candy at work. Once I tried to give up candy for a week and on the third day I cried.
8. Logan loves all thing processed, and can eat them until he is blue in the face. So my cubbard always is stocked with oatmeal cream pies, chips, oreos and the like.
9. The only real form of exercise I enjoy is running, and I fear my body is beyond use to it.
10. I am scale obsessed. When I commit to losing, I weigh myself far too frequently and I live and die but the fluctuation.
Ok. Now that the excuses are out of the way. I am ready for this.
I don't have a lofty goal, just 10 pounds or fit back into my size 4 pants. Whatever comes first, and then I will reassess my feelings.
This concludes Part 1, stay tuned for Part 2: How I am going to do this!
Are you currently working on any goals?
What kind of things are in your way?